The ICR recognition application is used extensively across the globe in numerous industries for extracting data from freestyle records. It is essentially an intelligent addition to optical text recognition with clear and specific features. The technology essentially allows various businesses to recognize various handwriting fonts and styles. It verifies the validity of forms, agreements, and various kinds of records. It operates more accurately than OCR technology. It is quite helpful for fields that involve significant paper-based tasks, such as surveying and gathering data on individual consumers’ product preferences.
OCR and ICR Recognition Technologies
Although utilized in distinct ways, both methods are often used for document authentication. OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and ICR differ in a few ways, including the following:
- Information from the ID is simply captured, extracted, and converted into plain text using the OCR application. The ICR app, on the other hand, simply verifies the legitimacy of scanned papers by analyzing the writing. OCR, like intelligent character recognition online, is unable to identify the writing style used in a document
- OCR is unable to distinguish several complex styles, unlike the ICR handwriting recognition software
- Unlike OCR, the ICR software scans each and every letter of the document
- ICR recognition is important in data entry and its handling, ensuring that no unauthorized person has intervened. It is typically employed by banks and large organizations for the identity validation of clients
- The ICR software is more costly than the optical character readers because of its vast and comprehensive functionality
- The ICR software functions more particularly and is very much like the extension of an OCR
Although they can’t really be compared to one another because they each have unique features as well as objectives. They are both utilized by various industries and occasionally inside the same company. It largely depends on what organizations need. The absence of an ICR application cannot be accepted if responses or data collection from the randomized sample population is constantly required.
How Does the ICR Recognition Software Work?
- Documents that need to be scanned must be in good condition; they shouldn’t be overwritten, folded, or damaged.
- The documents are scanned quickly and then confirmed by the intelligent character recognition software online.
- A specific number known as the confidence value is given to each letter in the handwritten document.
- Lower confidence ratings prevent the characters from surviving validation. Results are sent to the relevant authority and kept in the back office after all adjustments have been made.
Application of ICR Recognition Services in Businesses
There are several circumstances in which companies from multiple industries can profit from ICR mobile app.
For instance, a company may want to expand its product line but first wants to get the public’s opinion. To that end, the marketing team performs a survey by handing out questionnaires in commercial and public places. The character recognition app checks the validity of the data gathered by ensuring that multiple surveys were not completed by the same individual once they became usable. Such tricks undermine all efforts and meddle with the conclusion, which is easily avoidable.
Similar to this, it is employed in financial institutions to prove that the client whose name appears on the document is genuine. This is important so that no cybercriminal enters the database of the company.
Considerations While Deploying ICR Recognition App
- Forms for record keeping as well as other types of forms must be formatted properly for the software to recognize them.
- Each field on all different kinds of forms should have a unique identification template.
- Particular data sets must be created for form templates.
- The streamlining of the ICR recognition software is one of the most important considerations that must be made because, due to its broad and comprehensive functions, it is more costly than the OCR system.
The ICR recognition app has enormous promise for Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) with its ability to validate the accuracy of the whole data entry, gathering, and processing cycle. In addition to OCR, every letter is scanned. It can quickly and accurately provide results when working with complex fonts and analyzing countless different writing styles. The ICR recognition is incredibly helpful for sectors that frequently gather data on paper. It confirms that no unauthorized person can choose to act in any industry for their own personal gain.